Protect Children and Elderly from Carpet Allergies03/28/2014 Back To Blog
Allergies and respiratory problems usually attack weak organisms and, therefore, children and elderly people need to live in clean indoor environments free from germs and other harmful microorganisms. Air purification requires the combination of multiple actions and one of the most important one is carpet cleaning since carpets are great collectors of filthiness and bacteria. When you take care of carpets and upholstery, you actually manage to eliminate the chance of allergy growth among your loved ones and you can enjoy seeing your kids playing on the rugs without worrying about health problems.
Carpet cleaning mission: keep clean environments
1. You should open the windows often letting in the fresh air because it must be renewed often. The windows should also stay open when you are engaging in residential carpet cleaning to facilitate the removal of bacteria and dust from your house.
2. Rugs can be moved easily and it would be to your benefit to leave them in the yard in order to give them the chance to breathe fresh air.
3. Don't ever postpone carpet stain removal because the slightest coffee blot may change permanently the color of a particular spot. Neglecting to remove the stains would only result to the high accumulation of bacteria and the carpet would smell bad according to the experts of Carpet Cleaning La Mirada. Soon or later the microorganisms would be released in the indoor atmosphere but they can also cause skin allergies since children have the tendency to walk barefoot or sit on the floor.
4. Combine carpet and upholstery cleaning and use the equipment of the vacuum cleaner to clean well the sofas and armchairs, too. If you feel that some furniture or carpets are damp, you should look out for moisture and remove the slightest signs of mildew.
5. Choose a movable rug for the kid's room, so that you can clean it easier in the open space. As an overall, rug cleaning must take place often in rooms where children or elderly sleep or spend their days.
Do clean environments need more than carpet cleaning?
Regular and thorough house carpet cleaning will certainly clean the atmosphere within the house but don't forget that there are other objects and devices, which also contribute to the contamination of the air. Don't forget tile and grout cleaning as well as taking care of the HVAC system.